Napa cabbage is a large-headed cabbage with firmly packed, pale green leaves that you will usually find next to bok choy in Western supermarkets. More healthy than Western cabbages, Napa cabbage is rich in Vitamin C and other nutrients. It is also a Yin food in Chinese cooking.
Napa cabbage has numerous health benefits and naturally occurring vitamins and minerals including:
- Napa cabbage is very low in calories.
- Napa cabbage contains many antioxidant plant compounds and is high in dietary fiber.
- Some scientific studies suggest consuming napa cabbage in a diet can help to protect the body from cancers and help to lower LDL levels.
- Napa cabbage is an incredible resource of folic acid and Vitamin B.
- Napa cabbage is high in Vitamin C.
- It’s also an amazing source for Vitamin K.
|NZFCD Food ID||X251|
|Serving Size:1 cup chopped = 90 g|
|% Daily Intake per serve||
per 100 g
|Fat, total (g)||0.0||0%||0.0|
|- saturated (g)||0.00||0%||0.00|
|Available carbohydrate (g)||1.2||0%||1.3|
|- sugars (g)||1.2||1%||1.3|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||1.2||4%||1.3|
|Folate (µg)||59||30% RDI*||66||A good source of Folate|
|Vitamin C (mg)||18||45% RDI*||20||A good source of Vitamin C|
|Potassium (mg)||225||250||Contains Potassium|
|Percentage Daily Intakes are based on an average adult diet of 8700 kJ|
|Your daily Intakes may be higher or lower depending on your energy needs.|
|*Recommended Dietary Intake (Average Adult)|